xiiane

The Books That Matter

I am Xandy. Reading a book is not my past time, I make time for it. My To-Read folder is overflowing. And I am always battling with my Currently-Reading folder.

I fell in love with reading ever since time memorial. A good book is a book I will read very slowly just to get every detail; a book that will always be reread; a book with no stupid characters; a book that will make me cry, whine, shout as if I was actually in it; and a book that makes me feel like or be a better person. :D

Pulse Of Heroes
A. Jacob Sweeny
Once Upon a Road Trip
Angela N. Blount
Wither (Chemical Garden) - Lauren DeStefano I had high hopes for Wither after reading the synopsis. So, after reading, I can say that it was not a bad read, I actually read it in one sitting. I was just kind of expecting more build up. See, there's a love triangle here, and both guys are great. But I'm actually leaning on Team Linden. It was with him that Rhine was actually being focused on, not Gabriel, as it was written. Gabriel's not awful, it just seems to me that what's between him and Rhine was vague and no foundation. Unlike Linden, who, at first, wasn't interesting at all because of Rose, turned out to be the one who keeps me reading the book. He's so charming, though I was little bit off guard with him together with Cecily and Jenna. Well, it's dystopian anyways. The story seems to have no climax at all. Up until the very end, I was expecting some turn ups. And the ending wasn't a bang. But oh, I bet the second book will be just alright, with Rowan showing up and Linden being the man for Rhine. And I hope, Linden and Gabriel gets to have their POVs. I just find it cliche to read girls POVs. Too predictable.