xiiane

The Books That Matter

I am Xandy. Reading a book is not my past time, I make time for it. My To-Read folder is overflowing. And I am always battling with my Currently-Reading folder.

I fell in love with reading ever since time memorial. A good book is a book I will read very slowly just to get every detail; a book that will always be reread; a book with no stupid characters; a book that will make me cry, whine, shout as if I was actually in it; and a book that makes me feel like or be a better person. :D

Pulse Of Heroes
A. Jacob Sweeny
Once Upon a Road Trip
Angela N. Blount
How to Ruin a Summer Vacation - Simone Elkeles It was a very easy read. Avi isn't overrated. And the Amy's pov is just kickass, not the typical damsel in distress. It wasn't so heavily dramatic. As I read through, it's as if Amy took me with her to Israel. In the process, I learned a few things such as values: about family, parents, lost, longing, oh, et cetera. It wasn't just about romance, I actually learned about Jews, and I guess what were stated in the story about Jews were facts. It was a really inspirational read as well. I, at least, had a glance of what would people my age are going through in the controversial Middle East countries. What I really like about the story was the concept of not a having a bitchy-til-the-end antagonist. ;)