xiiane

The Books That Matter

I am Xandy. Reading a book is not my past time, I make time for it. My To-Read folder is overflowing. And I am always battling with my Currently-Reading folder.

I fell in love with reading ever since time memorial. A good book is a book I will read very slowly just to get every detail; a book that will always be reread; a book with no stupid characters; a book that will make me cry, whine, shout as if I was actually in it; and a book that makes me feel like or be a better person. :D

Pulse Of Heroes
A. Jacob Sweeny
Once Upon a Road Trip
Angela N. Blount
Unearthly - Cynthia Hand *4.5* rating for Unearthly.

It's actually a good read about angels. Not to intensely written though. I like the idea of angel having purposes and all and the story's nephilim features are fascinating. It's not the typical angel story having conflicts against the 'world'. I enjoy the lead's pov, it went easy with all the little nuances. I caught myself smiling with the romantic side here. It was quite unpredictable but as soon as guy #2 was being a total sweet, and guy #1 seemed to be pathetic, I gladly finish the story. What I like about the story is that the resolution wasn't really a bang but I actually liked it. It makes you want to read more of the second book.