xiiane

The Books That Matter

I am Xandy. Reading a book is not my past time, I make time for it. My To-Read folder is overflowing. And I am always battling with my Currently-Reading folder.

I fell in love with reading ever since time memorial. A good book is a book I will read very slowly just to get every detail; a book that will always be reread; a book with no stupid characters; a book that will make me cry, whine, shout as if I was actually in it; and a book that makes me feel like or be a better person. :D

Pulse Of Heroes
A. Jacob Sweeny
Once Upon a Road Trip
Angela N. Blount
Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout It was a quite entertaining read. Though I might say it's a typical hate-then-love affair, but the story alone is good, kept me intrigued minus the cliché rant of Katy at the beginning but I was glad that she had this strong side, at the latter part. I'm actually hooked from the beginning til the end. I know that Daemon and Katy will end up together. What I looked forward to, was how they finally be 'together'. What I love about Obsidian is, well, the sensible hot, swoon-worthy Daemon (is it weird to be fangirling an alien?) and that Katy was actually a bookworm! I don't know why I seem to like the idea. What I didn't like were: the over-rated powers, yea. I just don't. And how come only Daemon is the only hot guy. And why the novel, well, a number of novels, only have one POV, and it seem to be, girls got to have it. No offense, but girls are just too cliché and redundant. Oh well, at least there's a Daemon POV at the end, but still, not enough. The end was not really a bang, I should say. But I look forward to reading the next book. :)